Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How To Clean Your House In ??? Days

Who here thinks they have a clean house? I DID! Then I started to take a closer look. I've lived in my home for 2 1/2 years now. I feel like I do a pretty good job keeping it clean and organized. But when it comes to the small details and things you don't think of everyday, like baseboards, cabinets, blinds, etc., (I don't know about you but I'm a complete "baseboard snob"), I ignore them! I refuse to get down on my hands and knees and clean these on a regular basis. So I decided to start a little project. Depending on how motivated I can get, this could take a month or maybe a year! I figure if I can blog about it I can at least keep myself accountable to finish at some point in my life!

Step 1: Make a list of each room and what needs to be cleaned. Take it ONE room/space at a time. I began  my long journey yesterday and one small room was a lot harder than I thought.

Step 2: Make sure you have the cleaning supplies needed. I used Murphys Oil (mixed in a bucket of water), Windex, Bleach, and Lysol Wipes. Have a Step Ladder handy! And of course don't forget the vacuum and attachments!


Step 3: Begin your JOURNEY!

Day 1: July 1
LAUNDRY ROOM

Cleaning List:
Wash Blinds with Murphy's Oil
Wash Window with Windex
Clean Window Sill

Vacuum and Wash Baseboards with Murphy's Oil
Vacuum Crown Molding (no way was I getting on a ladder to wash, I think Vacuuming is good enough).
*I can't believe I'm showing these pictures. The Before picture is how this looked when I moved in. I had the house professionally cleaned before moving anything in and she said she couldn't get this clean. Who am I to doubt a professional? I have mopped this area on a regular basis and it's always looked the same. Well lookie what a lot of bleach and a lot of scrubbing can do!



Clean surface of Washer and Dryer
MOVE Washer and Dryer and clean behind (including Dryer Vent)
*This was absolutely disgusting. I vacuumed as much up as I could and then used my wet rag to wipe up the rest. Make sure to clean all the dust off the hoses as well.

Clean Light Switch and Outlet Covers

Clean Doors and Door Frames

Vacuum and Mop Floor (use Vacuum attachments to vacuum dust and webs off the walls)

Clean Sink if you have one

Clean all other surfaces including shelves, pictures, even your dusty fabric softener bottles

I also decided to do a little organizing. I bought some wood crates from Michaels and painted them to match my little Laundry sign from Hobby Lobby. Who says a Laundry Room can't be spruced up a little? 



While I had my paint out I decided to have a little fun with my knives. I painted the holder blue to match my pantry door and added a little decor to match my bird theme. 

Wish me luck that I can finish the house in a reasonable amount of time! 



No comments: