Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ceviche!

I'm so excited to share this recipe with everyone! For our honeymoon this past November we went to The Excellence Club in Cancun. The food was absolutely incredible! Our favorite place to go for Lunch was The Lobster House. Every day we would get CEVICHE! We had never tried it before (I'm not sure I had ever even heard of it before) but it looked and sounded pretty good!

Yesterday I was looking through Pinterest for new recipes and came across one for this dish. I started to google a few other recipes and then decided to use all of the ingredients that we like and come up with my own recipe. The great part about this dish is you can add what and how much of what you like and you can't really mess it up! So here's what I did....

20 pieces of pre-cooked Shrimp cut into small bite size pieces
5 pieces of Scallops cut into bite size pieces
15 Grape Tomatoes cut into small pieces
1/2 Red Onion chopped
1/2 Avocado cut into small pieces
Cilantro
Salt to Taste
Squeeze 1 Lime on top
2 teaspoons White Vinegar
(When I make Guacamole I'm lazy and get a pack of Pico De Gallo from the Produce section. I may just do this next time to avoid cutting up the Tomatoes, Onion, and Cilantro).

I let it sit for about 2 hours
Serve with Tostados



I sauteed the Scallops in butter first. I only cooked them for about 3 minutes. In all of the recipes I read none of them said to cook the fish. I'm pretty sure that Ceviche is a raw fish dish, but what if I missed something and you're so obviously supposed to cook it first. So I just did it anyways!


The only thing I would change is to make more next time! This is a great Summer time appetizer! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so great. My husband and I also had ceviche for the first time a few summers ago at our anniversary dinner. I've been a little nervous about trying it at home but this recipe looks delicious. Might have to surprise him with it some time soon! Thanks for sharing!

MICHELLE CURRY said...

Looks Delicious!!!

Jennifer Goodin said...

I had no idea how it was gonna turn out but we both really loved it!!

Jennifer Goodin said...

Thanks!!