Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday

I'm gonna do a double link up this Thursday! I've been linking up every Thursday with Julia at Black Tag Diaries for Thankful Thursdays! I'm also going to link up for the first time with Life of Love's Thursday Thoughts!

I am SO thankful for my Job! I'm an event planner for a large neighborhood. Our next big event is our Easter Egg Hunt next weekend. I decided to add an Alice in Wonderland theme to the event. I've been thinking about all of the things we can do to incorporate this theme. Pinterest has been a big help! We will of course have the Easter Bunny at the event, but I'd like to give him the "White Rabbit" look. Maybe I'll get a giant clock and bow tie.
I also have my amazing and talented friend Lindsey (Sensible Nonsense Blog) working on some props. I found this bean bag toss game on Pinterest (pictured on the left). She decided to do a corn hole version instead. I can't wait to see how it will turn out! 


She's already made me 100 of these "Eat Me" tags for our Tea Party Sandwiches. 
Here are some other props she's working on...

We will also have Alice and the Mad Hatter at the event, as well as a Tea Party with finger sandwiches, Cookies, and Tea and Lemonade. 

I'll let you all know how the event turns out! I can't wait to see how it all comes together! 

5 comments:

Sar said...

Oh my gosh, this is going to be such an amazing event! I have complete faith that everything will turn out even more perfect that you imagined. I cannot wait to see photos from the party!

In another, random sidenote, I used to have the exact same header (albeit smaller) on my blog! Great minds think alike! ;)

Thanks for linking up!

Jennifer Goodin said...

I hope so! I'm super excited!
That's too funny! I Am really into birds and birdhouses right now!

Cami said...

An even planner for a neighborhood?! I've never heard of that before...that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! I am so excited for your Easter Egg Hunt - it sounds and looks like so much fun!! Can I go?! ;) ;)

Thanks for linking up to my Thankful Thursday link-up!! Yay! <3 Hope you join in next week, too!

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Great post!! Thanks for linking up!

jeanne said...

I am sure the Easter Egg hunt will be a success. You have done a great job of planning. Being happy and thankful for your job is a good thing.
Blessings, Jeanne