Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Highlights

We had such a great weekend! I feel more energized this Monday than I have in a long time! We started BRIGHT AND EARLY Saturday morning with the Jog for a Cause 5K. My sister, Jamie, was so thoughtful to register the family in a 5K for Christmas. I wasn't thrilled about waking up at 6am on a Saturday morning and driving almost an hour away to be outside in 35 degree weather. BUT, it actually wasn't bad. We, of course, walked the entire thing (except for Jamie who ran it in 26 minutes!). It actually did get me motivated to start working out. So I guess her evil little plan worked! 




I got me some new tennis shoes that I love and walked/jogged about 3 miles on Sunday night! I also got some new work out clothes so I better be serious about this or my husband will not be happy (work out clothes are expensive!!). 


On Saturday night we got to hang out with our bestest friends, the Hohmans! Lindsey made steak and lobster! It was DELICIOUS! We got to see their sweet little 10 month baby walking! I can't believe how fast he is growing up! 


On Sunday morning we went to church for the first time in longer than I'm willing to admit! We have been wanting to find a new church so the Hohmans invited us to theirs. They are doing a series on Marriage. We really enjoyed the message!


I'm so excited that we got to move our clocks forward this weekend! It's going to be a gorgeous week! I bought steaks to cook on the Egg for the first time this season! The Egg in the middle is ours. We come from a family of Eggers! Can't wait to start cooking out! 

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

No comments: